Thursday 28 January 2016

New Year and another Resolution!!

OMG! I hadn't realised that I hadn't posted anything in a year. Just as well that one of my New Year's Resolutions is to knit and complete one item every month and get it on my ebay shop to sell. Sounds simple but this month's offering was started in the autumn of 2015! I can usually bash these things out in about a week but with setting up our new home and all the extra work that has created, when I sit down in the evening to knit, I usually fall asleep! Excuses! Excuses! I know!

Front of matinee - finished with a single button at the neck
 January's offering is a neat little baby girl's (0-3 months) matinee jacket in Sirdar Snuggly Tiny Tots fashion double knit. All a bit of a mouthful. This yarn is a joy to knit with and comes up beautifully. Sewing up is a different matter as the bits of white on the yarn are bobbly and won't pull through when sewing the pieces together. I got round this by stripping this bits off to create a plain yarn with which to sew up. Sorted!!

Back of matinee jacket. 

The yarn is machine washable, according to the wool and and is a mixture of 90% acrylic 10% polyester. The colour is a shade called Lemony (0918) and is a creamy yellow with white bits - rather like scrambled egg.

This matinee jacket is currently available on my ebay shop via the following link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hand-knitted-baby-girls-matinee-jacket-in-Sirdar-Tiny-Tots-DK-0-3-months-/231828451178?hash=item35fa0d6f6a:g:F84AAOSwKtlWqhTo


No comments:

Post a Comment